Archived posts ofglassandbooks
Top Posts & Pages
- Writing is like cooking
- Living on the street by choice, poetry and blogging - an exclusive interview with blogger This Old Toad
- Shhh, don’t tell my husband!
- The joke is on me! - Installment 2 of the 'Just when you thought this could only happen in fiction' mini series
- Resolutions resolutions, who are we kidding?
- I told you so!
- Ode to Bookmarks: the new endengered species?
- Can a fiction book make you scream: WOW, Haruki Murakami and I are like two peas in a pod! Installment 6 of the Can a fiction book make you...mini series
- Character probing is tricky business
Category Archives: books
I was listening to the radio a couple of mornings ago and who did I catch chatting away about her new book? I will not keep you guessing, dear blogging friends: guessing games could take some time and my news … Continue reading
Dear blogging friends, some of you may be acquainted – via posts on this blog! – with my 9 year-old daughter: a voracious and curious reader and proud owner of more books than her shelves can hold. Voracious and curious … Continue reading
Dear blogging friends, what do a frantic typist and a loud snorer have in common? Nothing, they just happen to have caused me a ridiculous amount of irritability whilst travelling by train for business last week. As I made no attempt … Continue reading
I love my e-reader. It’s light; it’s powerful; it holds oh so many wonderful reads in one stylish rectangle of intelligent plastic. But I have a confession to make. Each night I feel daggers of pain shoot through my mercenary … Continue reading
The singer and song writer Morrissey has recently announced that he will turn his talent to writing fiction. After his autobiography was published by Penguin as a Classic and achieving extensive commercial success, Morrissey is now half way through writing … Continue reading
Can a book make you think: Who needs a writing course when you’ve got a cat? A lesson from Bulgakov – Installment 9 of the ‘Can a book make you…?’ mini series
Remember Behemot? The big, black cat in The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov? I do, even though I read the book as a teenager and a good few years have passed, how many I will not reveal, because real ladies … Continue reading