Archived posts ofglassandbooks
Top Posts & Pages
- Writing is like cooking
- Shhh, don’t tell my husband!
- Living on the street by choice, poetry and blogging - an exclusive interview with blogger This Old Toad
- The joke is on me! - Installment 2 of the 'Just when you thought this could only happen in fiction' mini series
- Resolutions resolutions, who are we kidding?
- Ode to Bookmarks: the new endengered species?
- I told you so!
- Can a fiction book make you scream: WOW, Haruki Murakami and I are like two peas in a pod! Installment 6 of the Can a fiction book make you...mini series
- She's done it again! Patricia Cornwell's Dust - a review
Category Archives: Books, reading, reviews
Dear blogging friends, I am one for reading more than one book at the same time. Don’t judge me! I am strictly monogamous with my husband, thank you very much, I can afford a less honourable behaviour with books. It’s not just tiredness and … Continue reading
Originally posted on Ofglassandbooks:
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, the true “parmesan” (Photo credit: Wikipedia) The Drunken Cook, by Milton Crawford, is a festive little book I bought for my father for Christmas. Before you wonder, no, he doesn’t read my blog, so…
It’s been a while, dear blogging friends, but Ofglassandbooks is back with a heartfelt review of STET by Diana Athill. Take your time when settling down for your read: preparation is key! An armchair, a blanket, a steaming cup of … Continue reading
Today I lost a dear friend. He was 97 and we hadn’t know each other very long, and yet his passing has left a huge hole inside my soul. My skull feels painfully tight and my teeth ache. I am desolately heartbroken. He … Continue reading
I am having a little bit of an obsessive dive into the world of one specific author: Alan Bennett, the intelligent, sell deprecating, highly observant British screen and play writer, in fact, Northern English screen and play writer (UK fellow … Continue reading
I was listening to the radio a couple of mornings ago and who did I catch chatting away about her new book? I will not keep you guessing, dear blogging friends: guessing games could take some time and my news … Continue reading