Archived posts ofglassandbooks
Top Posts & Pages
- Writing is like cooking
- Shhh, don’t tell my husband!
- Living on the street by choice, poetry and blogging - an exclusive interview with blogger This Old Toad
- The joke is on me! - Installment 2 of the 'Just when you thought this could only happen in fiction' mini series
- Resolutions resolutions, who are we kidding?
- Ode to Bookmarks: the new endengered species?
- I told you so!
- Can a fiction book make you scream: WOW, Haruki Murakami and I are like two peas in a pod! Installment 6 of the Can a fiction book make you...mini series
- She's done it again! Patricia Cornwell's Dust - a review
Monthly Archives: March 2013
It’s cold in England. Real cold. We are into day 3 of a snow blizzard and temperatures hardly creep up +2 degrees in this town of ours. My precious and valued followers may recall an early installment of this mini … Continue reading
Can a fiction book make you think, Hey how come he ignores capital letters and still gets published? Installment 7 of the Can a fiction book make you…mini series
Simple, because he’s Charles Bukowski and I’m not. How could I get to the age of…well, to my age, and not have read any of his books or poems? And I call myself an accomplished reader? I’m making up for … Continue reading
I have this lovely husband who’s as voracious a reader as I am. Our bookcases, which cover two entire walls in our living room, are so heavy that we had to screw them to the wall. Nevermind health and safety! … Continue reading
Can a fiction book make you scream: WOW, Haruki Murakami and I are like two peas in a pod! Installment 6 of the Can a fiction book make you…mini series
I love short stories. It’s 2013 and I’m in luck. Critics – you know, the real ones, of the serious and knowledgeable type – have observed a revival of the genre. Happy to surf the new big wave, I’ve been … Continue reading
The guys and girls at http://www.momentmatters.com made my day today by giving me this award. Super delighted, grazie, danke, merci’, gracias! Awarding the people who live in the moment, The noble who write and capture the best in life, The … Continue reading
It’s Mothers Day in the UK, and probably also elsewhere in the world. Happy day to you all! How do we feature in books, may I ask? Usually pretty well if it’s a children’s book: we are kind, patient, we … Continue reading
Can a fiction book make you re-think your approach to titles? Instalment 5 of the Can a fiction book make you…mini series
Browsing through my own blog – as you do when you are still new to the business – I happened to consider the title’s length of one of my posts, Instalment 4 of the Can a fiction book make you…mini … Continue reading